Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thrifting Goodness

I absolutely adore going thrift store shopping. I love old things and used things and things with a story and finding great things for pennies on the dollar. I joined my Mom for some thrifting this past week and here's what I purchased ...



A great collection of vintage (and not so vintage) buttons. For the holidays, I'm making rings and other fun jewelry for all the younger girl cousins, and these will work perfectly.






A cheese dome thingy. Or at least that's what Mom say's it is supposed to be. I see a perfect little cupcake stand! I'm going to paint the base, seal it, and then fill it with a couple gourmet, holiday-inspired cupcakes and give it to a friend of mine.





A quartet of small, hand-embroidered, foliage themed wall hangings! These were my absolute favorite find (thanks to Etsy's newish emphasis on vintage embroidery pieces). And the lady at the shop gave them to me for an absolute steal! That's the best :)

3 comments:

LiPeony said...

wow sounds like you snatched some great treasures! The cupcake stand think sounds great... hope you put up pics of your final design =D

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wonderful finds--buttons are the greatest, and I would LOVE to get a couple of great cupcakes under that dome!

Bridget said...

I love thrift stores too, and there are lots of them in my area of the country. Great finds.